Oh hey there, blog readers. Welcome to the first Q&A session with one of Catalyst’s best and brightest, Béla Vander Voort (yeah, that’s a real name). Fueled by Diet Coke and the intensely competitive pull-up battle currently happening here at the office, Béla is a master coder, short-short wearer, and Chipotle consumer. Let’s ask him a few questions.
- Hannah: So what is your title, besides “exceptional employee #4”, which you have listed on your business cards?
Béla: I guess my more official title is lead developer.
- H: Morgan Freeman or Samuel L. Jackson? and why?
- B: Samuel L. Jackson, because he was in Pulp Fiction. And he was a bad ass muthaf***er. Obviously.
- H: What is your favorite current project?
- B: Right now it’s Marketing Partner Agreements because of all the new code I’m rewriting, that’s always fun. I’m getting to solve new problems. I imagine Béla was any teacher’s favorite student, “getting” to solve new problems.
- H: Who’s your favorite spice girl?
- B: uh, F. none of the above.
- H: Fine, I’ll write that down, but if any of them read this…
- B: They’re going to be very disappointed. I sense no remorse from Béla.
- H: Any significance to your stellar name?
- B: I’m actually named after the famous composer, Béla Bartók. COOL.
There you have it. Stay tuned for more Q&A’s with the staff here at Catalyst.